There are number of different features of Meraki that you can use to help you to monitor and manage your iPads. See the Meraki section on our Setup page for information.
The council have a contract with SimplyFixIT to carry out iPad repairs. You can find further information about their services here. It is important to note that any repairs made by this company will invalidate your warranty as they do not fit Apple replacement parts.
It is essential that there is a procedure in place for when a member of staff or pupil with a 1:1 iPad leaves an establishment.
- Go to Settings > iCloud and sign out. You will need to enter your Apple ID password for this. You will also be asked to reenter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPad if this is has been turned on.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You will need to enter your iPad passcode for this.
- Return iPad with charger and cover to your ICT coordinator or Business Manager.
- If you are a member of staff who is changing establishment you should change your Apple ID to the format PAYROLLnumber@ea.edin.sch.uk. This email address won’t change as long as you remain employed by the City of Edinburgh Council. Managing your Apple ID can be done here.
FOR ICT COORDINATORS/BUSINESS MANAGERS
- When an iPad is handed back in, you should check that the iPad has been signed out of iCloud. It is important to do this before staff members/pupils leave in case you need to restore the iPad.
- Re-enrol in Meraki, set up a passcode and push out any required apps. The iPad is now ready to be handed back out.