It is essential that there is a procedure in place for when a member of staff or pupil with a 1:1 iPad leaves an establishment.
- Go to Settings > iCloud and sign out. You will need to enter your Apple ID password for this. You will also be asked to reenter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPad if this is has been turned on.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You will need to enter your iPad passcode for this.
- Return iPad with charger and cover to your ICT coordinator or Business Manager.
- If you are a member of staff who is changing establishment you should change your Apple ID to the format PAYROLLnumber@ea.edin.sch.uk. This email address won’t change as long as you remain employed by the City of Edinburgh Council. Managing your Apple ID can be done here.
- If you are leaving the council please see your ICT Co-ordinator for instructions about managing your Apple ID.
FOR ICT COORDINATORS/BUSINESS MANAGERS/ICT TECHNICIANS:
- When an iPad is handed back in, you should check that the iPad has been signed out of iCloud. It is important to do this before staff members/pupils leave in case you need to restore the iPad.
- Check that the user has erased all content and settings.
- Re-enrol in Meraki, set up a passcode and push out any required apps. The iPad is now ready to be reused.
- Be aware that schools may need to purchase additional licences for paid-for apps that are now attached to the Apple IDs of staff who are leaving their school.
- If a member of staff is leaving the council you should have them manage their Apple ID and transfer the email address to a new user/admin email so Apple ID licenses are not lost and content can be continually updated.