A number of schools in Edinburgh are embarking on the use of Digimap for Schools. This resource supports social studies outcomes at Primary level and geography at Secondary level.
The service includes:
- Seamless Ordnance Survey mapping covering all of Great Britain
- Historical 1-inch maps from the 1890s and 1950s with transparency sliders for comparing maps of different periods
- Over 60 step-by-step teaching resources
- A suite of annotation tools for GIS and mapping fieldwork results
- Print maps at A4/A3 and save work online or to your local system
- High resolution aerial imagery covering GB
- Extensive annotation tools
- Ability for students to interrogate, manipulate and save maps and upload fieldwork results from a CSV file
- Follow up support for staff development
A simple single login means that pupils can access maps anytime, anywhere via an easy to use web interface. For more information and prices for your establishment visit Digimap for Schools.