Computing at School Scotland will be holding this year’s conference in Glasgow on Saturday 2nd September 2017.
What to EXPECT
The conference brings together educators from all sectors and is a great way to get a hands on with new resources, equipment and environments, meet other educators you can colloborate with in future and gain inspiration for the year ahead.
Nursery and Primary specialists at BGE Early, 1st and 2nd levels
- Hands on with Barefoot unplugged activities with one of the creators of the resources and expert Barefoot instructor- Jane Waite
- Working with the CS E’s and O’s and benchmarks- Judy Robertson and Kate Farrell
Primary and Secondary teachers at BGE 3rd and 4th levels
- Diving deep into primary programming- design for quality and independence- Jane Waite
- Hands on workshop of new unplugged activities for teaching the basics of parallel processing- Jeremy Singer and Louise Black
- Developing Computational Thinking with 3D Animations & Games in Alice- Quintin Cutts and Fionnuala Johnson
Secondary teachers for the Senior Phase and FE
- Teaching the level 6 Cyber Security NPA and learners experience of it- George Mullin
- Planning and advice for introducing the level 4/5 Cyber Security NPA’s in your school- Peter Liddle and Gareth Rae
To book your place click here
The Mission to Mars event run by iTeach and XMA will be in Edinburgh on the 31st of March. Please see the information below for more details.
An inspiring, one day iPad event for schools and school leaders to provide excellent CPD and practical ways to take teaching and learning forward with iPad. The event will showcase the latest and most exciting tools for schools.
The programme for the day will include:
- Powerful and inspiring keynote speakers
- A focus on some amazing ways to introduce coding across the curriculum
- Hands-on ‘learning snapshot’ sessions
- Practical take-away ideas for every classroom
- A chance to see cost-effective, practical ways to implement the latest technology including 3D printing, sensors and programmable toys
- CPD that truly supports integration into teaching and learning
This event will be a chance for schools to be inspired by ideas and experience hands-on innovative and powerful ways to enhance teaching and learning for the students of today’s technological world.
The session is suitable for school teachers and leaders from both primary and secondary stages and across all subjects.
It is suitable for schools at all stages of their iPad journey.
See the website for more information and booking information:
Anna Kellner, our secondary development officer, will be hosting a webinar for Microsoft on the 5th of October as part of becoming a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert.
The webinar will go over the ways that OneNote can be used to support learners with additional needs, including using the Learning Tools and Class Notebook add-ins.
It will be live from 4-4.30pm, those watching live will be able to ask questions from Anna during the session. Don’t worry if you can’t make it, you can register and be sent a link to a recording of the webinar afterwards.
You can register here.
Please note that to view this from a council PC you will need to use Google Chrome, please see your ICT Coordinator about how to install it.