The Digital Learning Team supports the appropriate and effective use of digital technology within education to give all City of Edinburgh learners the opportunity to improve their educational outcomes and to develop digital skills that will be vital for life, learning and work in an increasingly digitised world.
The Digital Learning Team aims to provide support in the following areas:
- DEVELOP THE SKILLS OF OUR EDUCATORS
- Support educators in accessing a range of career-long professional learning opportunities that will allow them to make the most effective use of digital technology to enrich learning and teaching and develop the digital skills of their learners.
- Actively share experiences, information and opportunities that will support the professional development of educators.
- IMPROVE ACCESS
- Support establishments to devise a strategy regarding the use of digital technology in education and to support them to look for opportunities to continually invest in a sustainable digital infrastructure, including the procurement of appropriate digital technologies.
- Support education establishments in delivering digital access to all learners.
- ENHANCE CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT DELIVERY
- Support education establishments in delivering the revised technologies area of Curriculum for Excellence, with particular focus on Digital Literacy and Computing Science.
- Support education establishments in identifying how digital technology can be used to enhance learning and teaching across all curriculum areas.
- EMPOWER LEADERS
- Supports education establishments/clusters to devise strategies that will help establishment leaders to ensure that all learners can benefit from an education enhanced by digital technology.
- Support access to a range of career-long professional learning opportunities for educational leaders, allowing them to make informed decisions about the best use of digital technology to enrich education and promote digital skills development.
- Actively share knowledge and examples of how digital technology can enrich education and facilitate digital skills development across education establishments.
The Digital Learning Team draws together the skills, expertise and experience of members representing different perspectives. The team currently includes seconded Development Officers from education establishments, Systems Development Officers and Technical Support Officers.
Reference: Enhancing Learning and Teaching through the use of Digital Technology: A Digital Learning and Teaching Strategy for Scotland (Scottish Government; 2016, p4 & p6)