World Book Day is this Thursday and has become a firm fixture of the school calendar, so why not celebrate the love of reading with digital technology? Here are a few ideas and resources to get your creative juices flowing…
Get started by visiting the World Book Day website which includes learning experiences for all stages, inspiration and ideas for whole school events.
Using iPad for World Book Day
- Create book reviews in Book Creator or trailers in iMovie. Then use the front covers of the books as triggers in HP Reveal (formerly Aurasma) so that when you scan the cover the book pops up! Find out how here
- Retell or create alternative endings for well known stories in Adobe Spark Video.
- Create a book quiz in Kahoot , Plickers or Socrative.
- Use ChatterPix Kids to bring your favourite book characters to life.
- Create a presentation about your favourite author in Sway or Keynote.
To celebrate, the award winning Teach Your Monster to Read app is free to download all this week. Plus they have excellent printable resources, table top games and the desktop version of their app is always free!