360 Degree Safe is a free, award winning, digital safety review tool designed by SWGfL’s E-Safety Team. It allows schools to review current digital safety provision and, on a five-point scale, provides benchmarks for improvement in the following areas:
- Policy and Leadership (Responsibilities, Policies, Communications and Communication Technologies)
- Infrastructure (Passwords, Services)
- Education (Students, Staff, Parents and Carers)
- Standards (Monitoring)
Key Features of 360 Degree Safe Scotland
- Progress. A summary of the school’s progress in digital safety is readily available and easily accessible.
- Resources. Clear advice and resources are provided to support improvement.
- Engagement. Multiple users can be registered to contribute to this online, working document.
- Benchmarking. Continuous feedback on progress is provided by benchmarking progress compared to other schools.
- Action Planning. Records and reports next steps which can inform the school development plan.
- Reports. Progress Reports can be downloaded immediately in a variety of file formats.
- Celebrates. Once registered a “Commitment to E-Safety” certificate can be printed and displayed.
- Accredits. Once reaching the required standards a school can apply for an external evaluation and, if successful, will be awarded with the E-Safety Mark. (This application incurs a cost)
Find out more
Visit www.360safescotland.org.uk where you can register for free, experiment with the tool and watch short instructional videos.